NIASA accredited & Eco-Hort certified
The Bush Garden Nursery is now a NIASA accredited and Eco-Hort certified production nursery.
Essentially this means that the company has met the green-life production and environmental protection standards set by the Australian Nursery & Garden Industry. This badge provides the business with recognition for the many years of hard work required to establish a best practice production nursery.
NIASA (Nursery Industry Accreditation Scheme Australia) accreditation means that this nursery is operating at industry best practice levels in the following areas.
- Crop hygiene – prevention and control of disease, pests and weeds
- Crop management practices
- General site management – staff management, professionalism and customer service
- The environment – environmental management systems and performance
- Water use and disposal
- Risk assessment – analysing risks through the use of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) criteria
- Knowledge improvement
EcoHort – This certification provides recognition that this nursery is an environmentally conscious business and has:
- utilised a recognised system for assessing likely environmental and natural resource impacts, and
- is managing these impacts in a responsible and sustainable manner.